Saturday, November 20, 2010

"My Turn"


I heard a woman once say that she preferred to do things herself rather than try to include her children, because she could do it so much faster. Totally not my philosophy. I like that my children are interested in helping and I don't mind taking the time to teach them. I easily worked on other kitchen clean up while my daughter took her turn with the broom. I think positive experiences makes cleaning enjoyable and makes good helpers out of them later. My four-year old, for example, helped me wash the kitchen and bathroom walls last week and was, not just going through the motions, but actually very helpful.

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I agree. Better get them helping now before they become teenagers! Plus, Kira gets so excited and jumps up and down saying, "I did it!"

Caralee said...

Absolutely, Liz! It's our job to teach our children how to work and its so much easier to start when they're little and eager! It may be easier in the moment, but long term, it sure is nice to have kids who know how to pitch in and pull their weight at home!