Friday, November 19, 2010

Pollyanna

 
We read to the children before bed. We are about halfway through Pollyanna. It is humorous, lighthearted and so far totally recommendable for families with young children. I chose it as the inspiration for the title of my blog simply because I feel grateful for my life, and particularly this time in my life when I get to stay home with my children. 

Our list of chapter books we've read together includes:

The Little House on the Prairie (Series)
Charlotte’s Web
Beauty
Peter Pan
The Secret Garden
Winnie the Pooh
The Jungle Book (opted to stop after the Mowgli stories, heavy content for our little ones)
Pippi Longstocking 

I love this time together. I enjoy the books and the discussions about them with my son. It's been over a year and a half since we began the Prairie books and he still talks about them. During the day we read plenty of smaller children's books, but the chapter reading at night is something I love.

1 comment:

grammadiane said...

I love your chapter book reading! What a great bedtime tradition!