Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewing Adventure #2


Baby blankie for my soon to be born son. My neighbor showed me how to do this. It is a yard and a half, two pieces of fabric, print on one side, solid on the other. You face the sides toward each other, sew a half inch almost all the way around, leaving room to flip it back right side out. After turning it out, you sew again a 1/4 inch all the way around. Last you sew a few lines down and across the blanket so the material doesn't pull when you wash it.

Also, a side view of my pregnant belly, as per my mother's request. She said none of the photos I had been posting showed me pregnant and she wanted to see me. So there you have it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute. Love the side view!! Miss you. Plus you have very cute kiddos!

Anderson Family said...

The blanket looks awesome and so do you!

Rebecca said...

LOVE the side view!! Way to go on the blanket you sewing maniac! :)

Liz said...

Thank you. I'm enjoying trying to sew. Good thing you can't see my wavy lines in the photo. Seriously, though, I'm glad I made something for each of my children now. And it is fun. I'm wondering how complicated making a skirt might be.