Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow

The best meatloaf I ever had was on a snow trip with my family when I was young. It was still warm and just hit the spot. I don't really like meatloaf, but it was memorable.

Anyhow, last week, we finally took the children up the mountain to see some snow. It was a stellar day. We've been talking about it all week, what we did (sledding on a trash bag. Not me. Somehow being nine months pregnant that didn't appeal to me. So I took pictures.), getting in warm clothes and blankies for the ride home, that we want to go again next year (with a real sled, my son says). How do you describe something that was just right for your family? It was just that perfect of a day.

I loved seeing everyone's smiles. I loved getting out of the desert for a bit. It was beautiful and rejuvenating. 






2 comments:

Amber Omer said...

Hey Liz! I just saw a link to your blog on Alana's blog. I hope it's ok if I glance at your posts every once in a while and read about your fun adventures! You son has grown so big...a 2nd is here and a 3rd almost here too. That's wonderful! Hope all is well!

Liz said...

Hi Amber. So good to hear from you. #3 is very close to coming. I'll post photos when he's here. Come take a look at the blog anytime. I'm glad you found it.