Wednesday, April 6, 2011

9 1/2 Years

It's funny how you can still surprise your spouse after 9 1/2 years of marriage. You pull something out that he never knew or saw you do before, something totally ordinary, and you Wow! him.

How did I Wow! my husband? With scrambled eggs. What? I said it was "ordinary".

I made scrambled eggs...fluffy, not dry, not wet, perfect in every way, as if Mary Poppins herself were standing over the skillet in my kitchen. This is a skill I have because I am my mother's daughter.

He was in awe, partly because they were awesome and partly because I never made him scrambled eggs before.

"What?" I said. "Just because I don't like scrambled eggs doesn't mean I don't know how to make them."

He said I should make them all the time. I so love flattery, but I also love fried eggs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Destiny said...

I love that even after being together so long there are still new things you can learn about each other. It's just awesome.